The Cabbage Soup Diet is a 7-day, rigid diet plan lasting aimed at kick-starting weight loss. Celebrities like Sarah Michelle Gellar have slurped the low-calorie concoction and dropped around 10 pounds in a week.
The critical aspect of this diet that contributes to weight loss is it’s low carbohydrates and low rotund combination too. However, it isn’t a offset long-term eating plan. If you mix in an efficient and swift weight loss plan, you can see rapid results and pick up a few encouragement.
Read my entry on Cabbage Soup Diet 7 Day Plan
|Image from beautyhill.com|
The Famous Cabbage SoupIngredients:
- 1 head cabbage
- 6 medium onions
- 6 spring onions
- 6 carrots
- 2 green or red peppers
- 3 large tomatoes
- 5 stalks celery, trimmed
- 4 oz (110 g) uncooked brown rice
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces. Place in a large pott and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil and then simmer uncovered for about ten minutes.
- Cover, and then simmer on a low heat until the vegetables are soft. (Old cabbage soup recipe versions say, that this should take about an hour – newer researches know that this is too long as the vitamins will vanish! 10 – 15 minutes simmer time is more then enough!)
- While the soup is simmering cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Add the rice when the soup is cooked. Season to taste with salt, preferably low-sodium and pepper.
|Image from weightlossdietwatch|
The Original Cabbage SoupIngredients:
- 1 head cabbage
- 6 Large Green Onions
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1-2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1-2 Cubes of vegetable broth low sodium
- Cut vegetables into small pieces and cover with water.(V-8 juice and water can be used).
- Boil fast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, etc.