What about you? Everyone has a down moment, but how do you keep your spirit up during the day you feel less motivated? This is 10 powerful ways to keep you motivated to lose weight. The original post can be found at FitSugar.
1. Think wellness not weight lossIf you make good food choice only because you want to lose weight, you tend to rebound weight gain if you go back to your old habits once you’ve reached your goal. We eat everyday so try to eat better.
2. Set reasonable goals.Setting too much goals in too little time can set you back. Losing 50 pounds in 2 months is unreasonable, but losing 10 pounds in 2 months is.
3. Celebrate the small victoriesLosing weight is like a marathon. As you continue to reach your goal at every milestones, celebrate it. It will keep you motivated to continue to reach your goals step by step.
4. Drop the "perfect" mentalityInstead of using your slip up as an excuse to do another cheating, use your weak moment as a motivation to get yourself back on track.
5. Have an accountability partnerFind a friend that will keep you on track when you miss a workout, or feel like quitting your weight loss plan.
6. Schedule all your workouts at least a month ahead of timeCreate your workout dates and plug it into your iphone, Blackberry, or Outlook calendar or write them down on an old-fashioned wall calendar to gives your weight loss plan priority and structure.
7. Turn off the negative self-talkWhen you do start to think negatively, have an "out" that will quickly take you away from the negative thoughts.
8. Have a Plan B readySetbacks will happen. Identify what caused your slip up and use it as learning tools to learn new things. If your plan doesn't work, have few options ready to back up your weight loss plan.
Place post-it notes all around your house with motivational reminders such as, "I feel great!” or "food is fuel, I eat when needed".
10. List the painful consequences of not achieving your goal.It can be motivating to list all the possible negatives that may come about if you DON’T achieve your weight loss goal. Write down all the negative consequences of not exercising for example poor health, medical costs, lack of socializing,etc. and refer it back when you need a dose of motivation.
Please share in the comment space below, what methods do you use to stay motivated?