Happy New Year 2013!
Festive season means family gatherings, with parties and lots of food. It's the time of year when one tend to eat mindlessly. (That's me, for sure!) There is no chance of sticking to a healthy diet and not enough time to exercise. So when the holiday is over, it is mandatory to moving over and go back to eating sensibly to prevent too much weight gain.
Overindulging places a lot of stress on our digestive system and liver. Detox diet can be a complete overhaul after all that overeating on a vacation.
5 Things to avoid on a detox diet:
- Avoid oily and fatty food.
- Avoid your exposure to toxins whenever possible: if you smoke, stop smoking; replace household toxic chemicals with safer, organic alternatives etc.
- Cut out sugar, wheat, gluten, dairy and fried foods from your diet.
- Avoid alcohol entirely.
- Eliminate processed foods and trans fats from your diet.
5 Things to eat / do on a detox diet:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be part of the detox.
- Increase your intake of fibre and whole foods. Whole foods are foods that are unprocessed and unrefined. We can get fibre from rice, oat, berries, green vegetables, and fruits.
- Drink lots of water. 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water is recommended for it is the perfect drink to cleanse your system and restore the moisture.
- Engage in 30 minutes of moderate exercise (brisk walking or yoga) every day.
- Get plenty of sleep. Seven to eight hours a day is considered ideal, though it varies from person to person.
Verseo Slim Patches can be a miracle help while you are on a detox diet. Similar to the Body Shaping Patch I blog about a year ago, it releases a time-controlled blend of herbs into your body via your skin.
Guarana, its key ingredient is a natural stimulant that increasing your energy level but decreasing your cravings for carbohydrates at the same time. You neither won't feel hungry nor want to eat, even though you have access to delicious foods.
If you plan to do a detox diet or already on a detox diet, how long you plan to stay on this detox diet plan? Tell me about it in the comments.